We are a small and welcoming group who meet once a week to study the Spiritist Teachings as codified by Allan Kardec.
Our public meetings are in English and are held on Thursday evenings 7.30pm till 8.30pm at Sheffield Quaker Meeting House throughout the year with the exception of the month of August and over the Xmas period when the Centre is closed.
Spiritism is a religious, scientific and philosophical doctrine that studies the nature, origin and destiny of spirits, and their relationship with the corporeal (material) world. Spiritists also study and follow the moral teachings of Jesus.
All are welcome to attend, independent of belief, religion, faith, race or background.
Our public meetings consist of the following:
• opening prayer
• study of a Spiritist text: we read and discuss a topic from the following books....
- Spirits Book; understanding the relationship and interactions between the material and spiritual world
- The Gospel According to Spiritism; understanding the purpose of our life and developing the moral aspects of our life following Jesus moral teachings
- The mediums Book; understanding mediumship
• closing prayer and collective healing
•Opportunity to purchase Spiritist books from our collection
Once a month we hold an additional irradiation meeting between 8.30pm and 8.45pm where we pray for people in need. If you would like to be included in our prayers please send us your details.
- Attendance at the Sheffield Spiritist Group is free however as a charity we value donations from attendees to cover running costs.
- We are affiliated members of the British Union of Spiritist Societies. Registered Charity Number 1136512. Details of other Spiritist groups around the UK can be found on their website (link below) along with the quarterly newsletter